Wednesday 9 November 2011

GC, Day 9 - Rum & Coke

Have had about half a pint too much - so I've had more alcohol in the last week than I have the entire year to date - but rum & Coke will always have a special place in my heart, since it's the first drink I ever had, made by LLM when we were in high school - using 1/2 rum and 1/2 Coke. My proportions are closer to standard now (though the ones Jack made tonight are between a double and a triple) - but I still love that fizz up my nose, that much-loved cola taste with the twist of West Indian spice.

Perfect.

I may drink more gin and tonics, and anything with a Baileys base will always be a favourite, but rum & Coke, you were my first.

And we all know how you never forget your first. L'chaim!

2 comments:

CEAD said...

I've said it a million times before, but it bears repeating: you are so cute when you're sloshed.

Ari.xx

LLM said...

LOL! Had we had the internet back then, I could have Googled the appropriate proportions. Happy to have been your gateway to non-sobriety. (Also, thank you for the unexpected smile just when I needed one!)