Friday 4 November 2011

GC, Day 4: Nighttime walks

This entry was totally going to be about the theological conversation I overheard last night - in fact, it's still in draft as Day 4, but will have to become Day 5, because half a pint of strawberry beer and splitting a bottle of white wine with Nick means I am too drunk to do a complicated gratitude entry before midnight.

So, I am grateful for nighttime walks in my city. Oxford is beautiful at any time, but increasingly so at dusk and after - and the sense of being at a crossroads in time - that you'll turn a certain way and find yourself in the 17th century - envelops one. It's why I go on the Oratory night walk every year. To turn a corner and see one of the many stunning buildings - colleges, chapels, part of the Bodleian library, lit from inside underneath a moonlit sky fills my heart with joy.

Note to self: must take more.

5 comments:

CEAD said...

This is one of the things I most miss about Oxford. :-( xxx

Lesley Deysel said...

Yesss! I'm grateful for... many posts by Irim in the near future.

Anonymous said...

Me too...

LLM said...

Oxford has figured prominently in some of my favorite novels... someday I must come visit you there. At which time you must buy me a strawerry beer, that sounds delicious!

Pragmatic Mystic said...

CEAD - *Hugs* - and I miss you too.

Lesley - Hi!!! *Waves wildly* Howzit?

LLM - You're on. Can't wait.

xx