Saturday 19 November 2011

GC, Day 19 - IM in all forms

Facebook chat, gchat, Skype, AIM, MSN Messenger: for all these, I am grateful, because I can stay connected.

I've cried, laughed, railed, discussed everything from politics and ethics to setting the world to rights, thanks to each one of these IM programmes. And I've gotten to do it in real time with people I might not otherwise get to talk to, except via email.

Yes, email is nice, but correspondence will never evolve the way a real-time talk will. They are truly special. I can even pretend, if I have a glass of wine, that it's an evening out with a friend across the pond that I haven't seen in years.

Do I not get enough sleep? Quite often. But so worth it to keep the connection that is the lifeblood of friendships.

It's good to talk. Now I just need to set up the webcam...



No comments: