Monday 19 January 2009

Tomorrow....



tomorrow...

I LOVE YA, TOMORROW...

YOU'RE

ONLY

A

DAY

AWAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[I can't get it to crop any better, so click on the comic to read it properly.]

To misquote C.S. Lewis:

The [nightmare] is ended: this is the morning.

Actually, if they arrived today or tomorrow, it would be fine, especially if they're into garbage disposal/recycling, they can take the old leader and his cronies away...

[H/T to a facebook friend - she knows who she is :)]

And how appropriate is it that today we celebrate Martin Luther King's birthday (it's actually on 15 Jan).

I say to you today, my friends, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."


Though that dream is not yet a reality, Dr King, tomorrow at noon EST, 5pm GMT/UTC, we will take one giant step towards making it so.

And despite the rolling back of our civil liberties, and the contempt for the rule of law in the last administration -

We shall overcome,
We shall overcome,
We shall overcome someday:

Oh deep in my heart,
I do believe
we shall overcome some day.

The whole wide world around.


No comments: