Monday 1 December 2008

Sex and the City interlude

I didn't fall in love with "Sex and the City" until it was almost over, so I'm watching it in re-runs.

Sometimes though, it just says what you need it to say - the quintessential moment for me is "Katie girl" from The Way we were (google it), but tonight's episode, where Carrie tells Charlotte that her need for her wedding to be perfect means she's missing the experience:

Carrie: Charlotte, you have a man who will always be there to catch you.

I wish I could find a man strong enough to catch me.

Amen.

But at the end:

It wasn't the perfect catch, but I was ok, because I had a big safety net.

As do I, because I have the best friends in the world.

But I still want the man who can make me trust enough to make me let go and let him catch me.

2 comments:

Anon said...

You have totally got me watching SATC again. And I've never seen the film (The Way We Were) but I have to now.

Keep looking. You're definitely a Katie girl, and not the other kind. So you need a keep-up-with-Katie kinda guy. :) x

Anonymous said...

Amen to your latest!