I have finally arrived in the blogosphere - I've been tagged for a meme by Reiza. Hurrah!
Here are the rules:
a. Link to the person who tagged you.
b. Post the rules on your blog.
c. Write six random things about yourself.
d. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
e. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment at their blog.
f. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.
Check a and b, now let's move on to c.
1. I can ballroom dance. Just for fun, mind you, and not wonderfully well, but I love it. In the early 90s, a set of friendly acquaintances had a ballroom added onto their house instead of a garage, and they had an openhouse ballroom dance session on Sunday evenings. It was great fun, and I learned that there's nothing like the feeling of waltzing with a 6'3" man who really knows his stuff. It's like flying. Oh, and by the way, the box step is crap. Learn to Viennese - it's the only way forward.
2. I wonder if I could run an Abrahamic religion peace conference: I was born and raised a Muslim, converted to Catholicism, and spent four years teaching at a Modern Orthodox Jewish School in the States (and loved every minute of it). I find that my multiple viewpoints add a lot of depth to my spirituality, but make me feel like a real outsider in any one of the religions. Oddly enough, out of the three, my spirituality is probably most Jewish in nature.
3. I'm a Jungian girl. I love archetypes and use them shamelessly. Some of my favourite books are by Jungian psychologists: "Gods in Everyman" and "Goddesses in Everywoman" by Jean Shinoda Bolen and "Women who run with the wolves" by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes. I'm mostly Demeter with some mature Persephone, as well as some Artemis, I suspect.
4. I HATE 'The people you may know' feature on facebook. If someone isn't my friend on facebook, I don't WANT them as a friend. If I don't know a friend is around, we'll find each other eventually. I am SICK of seeing pictures of random strangers on my newsfeed page b/c some f***wit at facebook thought if you had one or three mutual friends, you should know about eachother.
5. I suffered toilet trauma as a child. When I was about 3, I was watching television with my parents in the master bedroom. I needed to use the loo, so I went into the master bedroom bathroom, as you do. My mother told to me to leave the door open. Good thing, too - just like a man, my father left the toilet seat up, so when I went to sit down, to my complete shock, I fell in - and stayed there, afraid I'd done something terribly wrong. It took over 3 minutes for someone to come and pull me out: my mother was collapsed on the bed in hysterics; my father was trying to be angry, but couldn't help laughing. I was not impressed.
6. I'm a closet sensualist. My clothes are sensible, my oldest jumper (sweater) is 20 years old. The clothes I *want* are very different, though - I'd love to own satin, cashmere, Lauren Bacallesque seriously sexy clothes, but I can never find a reason to buy them - the part of me that says 'clothes are just functional' always wins. These are my dream boots.
Midnight Sidhe (I'm not tagging her blog to respect her privacy)
Da Cute Turtle
Ok, off to let Reiza know I'm done! Hope you enjoyed those random tidbits.