Saturday 21 February 2009

Dream journal 20/02/09


I was reading in bed last night when I drifted off sometime around midnight and had the following dream:

I dreamt that I was in the guest room in the house I grew up in (it doubled as a study room for me; for some reason my parents thought it was a good idea).

I was myself now, and the house was empty - no parents, no brother, and I turned around to see Satan enter the room. I was unafraid... Read more and asked him what he wanted. I'm really cross that I can't remember his response, but I do remember that it was a completely civil conversation. It was very normal.

Then he turned to go, and I was suddenly overwhelmed by his loneliness and exile, and just ached for him and for all he had lost. Suddenly, his eternal fall, his punishment, seemed so terribly, terribly unfair and wrong.

"Wait," I said, and he turned. And I leaned in to kiss him. I think he was a bit surprised.

This was where I ended the explanation on my facebook status, mostly because there just wasn't going to be room to go on.

After I kissed him, Satan asked me to come with him, which I did, and we entered a very cool, dark building with high ceilings and smooth brick walls, lit by torches in brackets. He chained my wrists to the wall (for those who think how might make a difference to analysis, above my head), but I didn't feel trapped. Again, I can't remember the conversation or what he was showing me, but I remember feeling completely in control and calm, responding as necessary.

It was where I was supposed to be, when I was supposed to be. It was absolutely fine - I was completely unafraid, completely in control, and relishing the exchange.

I was sorry I had to wake up when I did to turn out the lights.

No comments: